Did The South Win The Civil War?Historians in the News
tags: Civil War, Reconstruction, Confederacy, podcast
What if the central event of U.S. history has been fundamentally misunderstood? What if the ethos of the Confederacy didn’t just survive the Civil War, but actually came to dominate American politics and culture, right up to the present day?
That’s the radical thesis proposed by Boston College historian Heather Cox Richardson in her new book, "How The South Won The Civil War: Oligarchy, Democracy, And The Continuing Fight For The Soul Of America."
comments powered by Disqus
- How the Pandemic and Anti-Asian Violence Spurred 2 States to Change History Lessons
- Is Old Music Killing New Music?
- Will SCOTUS Take the Opportunity to Ban Race-Conscious Admissions?
- One National Republican Wants (Narrow) Action to Tighten up Electoral Count Act
- New Film "Munich" Offers Revised and (Somewhat) Sympathetic Portrait of Chamberlain