National Archives releases draft indictment of Richard Nixon amid Mueller probeBreaking News
tags: Russia, Watergate, National Archives, Nixon, Trump, Robert Mueller
The National Archives released a central set of documents from the Watergate scandal on Wednesday, including a would-be indictment against President Richard Nixon, following a lawsuit pointing to its relevance in the current era.
The documents, known as the Watergate Road Map, as released Wednesday contained redactions and never-before-seen remnants of the investigation into Nixon but largely contained information previously made public, according to the Archives.
The group that petitioned for Wednesday's release had said in a September post that should special counsel Robert Mueller decide to issue a report to Congress, the Road Map would be one example to follow.
comments powered by Disqus
- 15 States Have Postponed Their Primaries Because of Coronavirus. Here’s a List.
- The Hot & Bothered Podcast: Beyond the New Deal
- Generations of Rosewood Descendants Keep a Once-Forgotten History Alive
- From Afar, Congress Moves to Oversee Trump Coronavirus Response
- A 200-Foot Section of the Berlin Wall Has Been Torn Down to Make Way for Condos, Leaving Historians Appalled
- After Reparations
- Will Coronavirus Change How We Think About Climate Change?
- David C. Driskell, Tireless Advocate for Black Art History, Is Dead at 88
- NCMC Mourns the Loss of Longtime Professor Who Died Due to COVID-19
- The US Government Has a Long History of Using Crises to Justify Indefinite Mass Detention