Scholars of Slavery Force a Public ReckoningHistorians in the News
tags: slavery, Confederate Monuments, Confederate Heritage
Stained by Slavery
How Craig Steven Wilder exposed higher education’s past
Shackles and Dollars Historians and economists clash over slavery
How far should a university go to face its slave past?
An Antidote for American Amnesia
How Should We Memorialize Slavery?
What happens when research collides with public memory
Tiya Miles maps forgotten corners of slave history
The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations
The Long Reach of David Brion Davis The historian’s in uence has been enormous, if not always obvious
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel