SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Ed
As America confronts its past, historians are asking new questions, pushing colleges, corporations, cities, museums, and governments to account for their ties to slavery.
SOURCE: Yale Daily News
Poll: Majority of Yale students want Calhoun College renamed, but don't want to drop the word "master"
A decision from administrators is expected soon.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
by Christopher Phelps
Across the world, campus symbols from the epoch of avowed white supremacy have come under sharp criticism from students and their allies.
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream