Ray Mabus did not sign a Confederate Heritage Month declaration, a tradition which began with former Governor Kirk Fordice, whom Mabus also called "an overt white supremacist."
SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Ed
As America confronts its past, historians are asking new questions, pushing colleges, corporations, cities, museums, and governments to account for their ties to slavery.
SOURCE: Yale Daily News
Poll: Majority of Yale students want Calhoun College renamed, but don't want to drop the word "master"
A decision from administrators is expected soon.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
by Christopher Phelps
Across the world, campus symbols from the epoch of avowed white supremacy have come under sharp criticism from students and their allies.
- Florida's Higher Ed Policy Push Gets Bigger
- The Case of the Disappearing Libraries Feat. Judd Legum
- UNC Trustees Sidestep Faculty to Launch "School of Civic Life and Leadership"
- New Graphic Fiction Asks: What if January 6 Had Succeeded?
- The Latest SCOTUS Case to Privilege Religion Over Civil Society