The Fake News Pioneer of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey CircusBreaking News
tags: racism, Fake News, Barnum and Bailey Circus
Where Barnum hawked The Art of Money Getting, Donald Trump hawked The Art of the Deal. And Trump has proven as adept as were Barnum and Hamilton when it comes to getting free media attention. Trump has also been equally ready to put forth a lie when the truth does not do as well.
No doubt Barnum would have smiled on witnessing Trump’s fake fake news.
And Trump’s series of rallies certainly had the feel of a traveling circus.
And what Trump does with Twitter is much like what Barnum did when papering towns with leaflets slamming the competition.
comments powered by Disqus
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Public Rates Presidents: Kennedy, Reagan, Obama at Top
- Elizabeth Warren’s striking speech responding to Trump’s “Pocahontas” taunts
- When the next generation looks racially different from the last, political tensions rise
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments