The Fake News Pioneer of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey CircusBreaking News
tags: racism, Fake News, Barnum and Bailey Circus
Where Barnum hawked The Art of Money Getting, Donald Trump hawked The Art of the Deal. And Trump has proven as adept as were Barnum and Hamilton when it comes to getting free media attention. Trump has also been equally ready to put forth a lie when the truth does not do as well.
No doubt Barnum would have smiled on witnessing Trump’s fake fake news.
And Trump’s series of rallies certainly had the feel of a traveling circus.
And what Trump does with Twitter is much like what Barnum did when papering towns with leaflets slamming the competition.
comments powered by Disqus
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- The New York Times journalist who secretly led the charge against liberal media bias
- A history lesson: Do tax cuts pay for themselves?
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester
- Black South African scholars urged to correct white historians’ distortion
- At Columbia, Three Women, 30 Years and a Pattern of Harassment
- Pakistani Historian Mobarak Haidar says Muslims “have no religious basis to rule Jerusalem”