Germany to apologize to Namibia for genocide of Herero peopleBreaking News
tags: Germany, genocide, Namibia
Related Link Before Germans Slaughtered Jews They Slaughtered Africans By Edwin Black
Germany plans to formally apologise to Windhoek for the genocide of indigenous Namibians a century ago, a foreign ministry spokesperson said on Wednesday, but added that the move would not carry any obligation of reparations.
"We are working towards a joint government declaration with the following elements: common discussions on the historical events and a German apology for the action in Namibia," Sawsan Chebli told reporters.
The joint declaration with the Namibian government can serve as a basis for a parliamentary resolution, she said, adding, however, that the step would not translate into legal repercussions for Germany.
comments powered by Disqus
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Civil War’s legacy hangs over a plaque honoring Confederate soldiers
- Confederate statues still stand in rural Virginia
- Advocates are starting to push for LGBTQ history to be taught in public schools
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz