Before Germans Slaughtered Jews They Slaughtered AfricansHistorians/History
tags: Holocaust, Africa, colonialism, eugenics
Herero prisoners of war in chains. C 1904
In recent years, some in the African-American community have expressed a disconnect to Holocaust topics, seeing the genocide of Jews as someone else’s nightmare. After all, African-Americans are still struggling to achieve general recognition of the barbarity of the Middle Passage, the inhumanity of slavery, the oppression of Jim Crow, and the battle for modern civil rights. For many in that community, the murder of six million Jews and millions of other Europeans happened to other minorities in a faraway place where they had no involvement.
However, a deeper look shows that proto-Nazi ideology before the Third Reich, the wide net of Nazi-era policy, and Hitler’s post-war lega
comments powered by Disqus
- U.S. Will Give Terrorist Label to White Supremacist Group for First Time
- Bible Museum, Admitting Mistakes, Tries to Convert Its Critics
- Will The Coronavirus Change How Skeptics Think About Science?
- Pandemic Journal, March 30–April 5
- Myron Rolle, now a doctor treating coronavirus patients, draws on football background in crisis