Historicizing Ferguson: Police Violence and the Genesis of a National MovementHistorians in the News
tags: racism, violence, Police, Ferguson, OAH2015
This video features statements by three local activists in Ferguson, Missouri who joined the movement to protest police violence after the shooting of Michael Brown last summer. They were joined by Rutgers historian Donna Murch on a panel recorded by the History News Network at the annual meeting of the Organization of American Historians on April 18, 2015.
comments powered by Disqus
- Biden Defends Bull Connor Analogy for Opponents of Voting Rights Bill
- Museum of Natural History in New York Removes Theodore Roosevelt Statue
- Another Hendrix Legacy Lawsuit: Family Seeks to Block Royalty Claim by Heirs of Bandmates
- A Texas-Born Princess and Former Scandalous Washington Wife May Lose Roman Villa in Epic Inheritance Fight
- Will SCOTUS Uphold Claim of Heirs for Return of Pissarro Painting Stolen by Nazis?