New Civil Rights Museum in Mississippi on Track For CompletionBreaking News
tags: civil rights, Museum
In former Gov. Haley Barbour's address Tuesday morning about the progress of the state's new civil rights museum, he stressed the importance of not only recognizing Mississippi's history, but improving the city of Jackson.
#"It is in the best interest of all Mississippians that the capital city be a great city. We need to do what we can do to make Jackson a great city because many people only judge the state by Jackson; it's the only place they come," Barbour said.
#The museum, Barbour said, will enhance Jackson greatly and teach Mississippians "about the things of which we ought to be very proud and the things that we need to learn about so we don't commit those sins again," he said. "And Mississippi is long past ready for that."
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea