Originally published 07/21/2014
Yahoo News got an exclusive on-camera guided tour of what could be the coolest collection you’ll probably never get to see.
Originally published 05/15/2014
From a Barbie museum to shoe history to the Museum of Broken Relationships, there’s plenty beyond the usual.
Originally published 04/06/2014
They insist that the museum will, in the words of Hank T. Holmes, the director of the Department of Archives and History, “not be sugarcoated at all.”
Originally published 02/20/2013
Aleppo's medieval covered market has already been gutted by fires which also ripped through the city's Umayyad mosque. Illegal excavations have threatened tombs in the desert town of Palmyra and the Bronze Age settlement of Ebla, and Interpol is hunting a 2,700-year-old statue taken from the city of Hama. In a country which also boasts stunning Crusader castles, Roman ruins and a history stretching back through the great empires of the Middle East to the dawn of human civilisation, the task of safeguarding that heritage from modern conflict is a daunting responsibility....
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history
- Teachers walkout in Colorado over AP history controversy and pay