Rally 'Round the Rune: Fascist Echoes of the CPAC StageNews at Home
tags: Republican Party, conservatism, theater, fascism, CPAC, Mythology, Donald Trump
Jay Ball, a playwright and theater historican, received his Ph.D. in Theater and Performance Studies at the University of Pittsburgh where his research focused on political drama in the former Czechoslovakia, Northern Ireland, and South Africa. He has taught at Carnegie Mellon University, the College of Charleston, and Central Washington University. He is currently pursuing a second doctorate in the Department of History at the University of Kentucky, on the public diplomacy of the Clinton Administration.
Mark Auslander a Research Scholar in Anthropology at Brandeis, is a historical anthropologist specializing in political ritual, who works extensively on memory work and memorialization, as well as race and legacies of slavery in the United States. He is the author of The Accidental Slaveowner: Revisiting of Myth of Race and Finding an American Family (University of Georgia Press, 2011).
comments powered by Disqus
- Jonathan Mirsky: Historian Turned Beijing Correspondent, Mao Fan turned Critic of Beijing
- John Shelby Spong, 90, Liberalizing Episcopal Leader
- Alabama Begins to Remove Racist Language from State Constitution
- Looking for the Gold Rush Town of Chinese Camp
- "The Eyes of Tammy Faye": When the GOP Got in Bed with the Christian Right