SOURCE: Mother Jones
by Pema Levy
It didn't start with Donald Trump.
SOURCE: The Boston Globe
by Heather Cox Richardson
The myth of voter fraud persists only because it is ingrained in modern politics, after a decades-long effort by Republicans to portray Democratic votes, and especially African-American votes, as fundamentally suspect.
by Carol Anderson
They use the fallacy of rampant cheating at the polls to make it harder for people to vote.
by Rick Perlstein and Livia Gershon
The GOP has cried “voter fraud” for decades — and used it as justification to target minorities at the polls.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
With Trump's claim that there's been massive vote fraud, new attention is being paid to JFK's victory over Nixon. Was it through fraud?
The definitive answer is no. Here's the analysis.
SOURCE: The Washington Spectator
by Rick Perlstein
Here’s how it worked.
SOURCE: NYT editorial
Since 1982 the Republican Party has been under court supervision in connection with efforts to intimidate minority voters.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
Donald Trump has warned that zombies might tip the scales on Election Day. They won’t—but that doesn’t mean that they haven’t in the past.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Scott Keyes
The 1984 Rajneeshee attack, which poisoned hundreds of Oregonians, shows how hard it is to steal an election—even with millions of dollars and a dedicated group.
- The Surprisingly Complex Link Between Prohibition and Women’s Rights
- Snopes: Did Clifford Walker Say at a 1924 KKK Rally That He Would Build a ‘Wall of Steel’ Against Immigrants?
- Race and Service in the Pacific During World War II
- Judge Overturns Alabama Law Preventing Removal of Confederate Monuments
- Beyond Rosa Luxemburg: five more women of the German revolution you need to know about
- Was Eric Hobsbawm a dangerous Communist?
- Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Like in American History? Historians Weigh In
- Jessica Wilkerson: If We Forget Appalachia's Radical History, We Will Misunderstand Its Future
- Stanford Professor Emeritus Harold Kahn, who specialized in Chinese history, dead at 88
- A Lost Piece of Trans History