SOURCE: Mother Jones
by Pema Levy
It didn't start with Donald Trump.
SOURCE: The Boston Globe
by Heather Cox Richardson
The myth of voter fraud persists only because it is ingrained in modern politics, after a decades-long effort by Republicans to portray Democratic votes, and especially African-American votes, as fundamentally suspect.
by Carol Anderson
They use the fallacy of rampant cheating at the polls to make it harder for people to vote.
by Rick Perlstein and Livia Gershon
The GOP has cried “voter fraud” for decades — and used it as justification to target minorities at the polls.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
With Trump's claim that there's been massive vote fraud, new attention is being paid to JFK's victory over Nixon. Was it through fraud?
The definitive answer is no. Here's the analysis.
SOURCE: The Washington Spectator
by Rick Perlstein
Here’s how it worked.
SOURCE: NYT editorial
Since 1982 the Republican Party has been under court supervision in connection with efforts to intimidate minority voters.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
Donald Trump has warned that zombies might tip the scales on Election Day. They won’t—but that doesn’t mean that they haven’t in the past.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Scott Keyes
The 1984 Rajneeshee attack, which poisoned hundreds of Oregonians, shows how hard it is to steal an election—even with millions of dollars and a dedicated group.
- 1619 Project: New York Times Magazine Publishes Special Edition Dedicated to American Slavery and Its Legacies
- National Security Archive Releases New Briefing Book on Chernobyl through the Eyes of the Soviet Politburo, KGB, and U.S. Intelligence
- Before Trump eyed Greenland: Here’s what happened last time the US bought a large chunk of the Arctic
- Illinois Governor Signs Bill Mandating Public Schools Teach LGBTQ History
- Controversial Monument to Women’s Suffrage Redesigned to Include Sojourner Truth
- Historian Elizabeth Hinton Profiled in Harvard Magazine: Color and Incarceration
- 'Clearly, he did not take part in our curriculum': Historians bash Ken Cuccinelli's revised Statue of Liberty Poem
- The Increasing Popularity of Hotel Historians
- If You Call It History, You’ve Got to Do History’: Historians Chafe at a Video That Omitted Their University’s Whites-Only Origins
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum gets grants to help publish Abraham Lincoln papers