The Strange, True History of Voting While DeadBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Voter Fraud, Trump
Related Link The Strange Career of the Voter-Fraud Myth
To hear Donald Trump tell it, there will be more zombies among us on Election Day than a Walking Dead finale.
“People that have died 10 years ago are still voting,” Trump told a crowd in Wisconsin last week. Inaccurately citing a Pew study, Trump warned, “More than 1.8 million deceased individual’s, right now, are listed as voters…But I have a feeling they’re not gonna vote for me.”
David Becker, the author of the Pew study that Trump cited, tweeted immediately to clarify that one in eight voter records may be out of date, but he added, there’s “no evidence of voter fraud.” But accuracy was beside the point for Trump, who has spent weeks complaining that the 2016 election is already being rigged against him to ensure his loss, including by people who aren’t even alive anymore.
comments powered by Disqus
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German Activists
- Ratko Mladic Is Convicted in 1990s Slaughter of Bosnian Muslims
- Most Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race