The Strange, True History of Voting While DeadBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Voter Fraud, Trump
Related Link The Strange Career of the Voter-Fraud Myth
To hear Donald Trump tell it, there will be more zombies among us on Election Day than a Walking Dead finale.
“People that have died 10 years ago are still voting,” Trump told a crowd in Wisconsin last week. Inaccurately citing a Pew study, Trump warned, “More than 1.8 million deceased individual’s, right now, are listed as voters…But I have a feeling they’re not gonna vote for me.”
David Becker, the author of the Pew study that Trump cited, tweeted immediately to clarify that one in eight voter records may be out of date, but he added, there’s “no evidence of voter fraud.” But accuracy was beside the point for Trump, who has spent weeks complaining that the 2016 election is already being rigged against him to ensure his loss, including by people who aren’t even alive anymore.
comments powered by Disqus
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)
- Victimhood and Vengeance: The Reactionary Roots of Christian Nationalism