Originally published 11/18/2013
The controversy around Justin McCarthy's visit to Australia continues.
Originally published 11/16/2013
One of the world's most vocal Armenian genocide deniers will make an address at Parliament House in Canberra next week.
Originally published 09/03/2017
A decade ago, the anti-slavery preacher Thomas Starr King was removed from the Capitol and replaced by Ronald Reagan. Maybe his statue should be placed in a certain white house.
Originally published 07/18/2017
When Senator Joe McCarthy tried to use hysterical fears of communism to attack all liberals, he was following a playbook used by both Democrats and Republicans. When Richard Nixon tried to corrupt our governmental structures to elect and then protect himself, I didn’t think his dishonesty was especially Republican. But the current “anything we can get away with” method of governing appears to have become standard Republican practice.
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond