Armenian genocide denier Justin McCarthy to speak at Australian Parliament HouseHistorians in the News
tags: Armenian genocide, genocide denial, Justin McCarthy
One of the world's most vocal Armenian genocide deniers will make an address at Parliament House in Canberra next week.
The ABC has learnt that a committee room in Parliament House has been booked by Labor backbencher Laurie Ferguson for a special invitation-only address titled "What happened during 1915–1923?"
The address will be given by Professor Justin McCarthy, an American history professor who many Armenians view with the same disdain as Jews view Holocaust denier David Irving.
The ABC has seen an invitation to the presentation to be delivered by Professor McCarthy, who campaigns around the world against the recognition of the Armenian genocide....
comments powered by Disqus
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations