The ABC is stifling debate on Armenia by denouncing criticsHistorians in the News
tags: Armenian genocide, genocide denial, Justin McCarthy
THE ABC has a new topic on which no debate is allowed. Try, and you're denounced as a "denier". God, I'm sick of these attacks on reason.
Demonstrate that the "stolen generations" is a myth are you're a "racist".
Point out that the world has failed to warm as global warming activists claimed and you're a "climate change denier".
Now this, from the ABC on the weekend: "One of the world's most vocal Armenian genocide deniers will make an address at Parliament House in Canberra next week."...
comments powered by Disqus
- An African Diaspora group at Columbia University draped a KKK hood over Thomas Jefferson
- Documents show how CIA connived with Chilean publisher to overthrow Allende
- Is Trump right that he's signed more executive orders than FDR in his first 100 days?
- 500 Years After Expulsion, Sicily’s Jews Reclaim a Lost History
- Pollution Hurts Some People More Than Others. That’s Been True for Centuries.
- Trump is no Hitler – he’s a Mussolini, says Oxford historian
- Rick Perlstein’s still drawing brickbats for his confession in the NYT that historians (like him) have misinterpreted modern conservatism
- “Historians are shockingly dismissive of people in ‘flyover country,’ ” says Pulitzer-winning historian T. J. Stiles
- UNC history department in uproar after a professor’s course on sports history was cancelled
- French bestseller is a dense history of France written by 122 academics