Errors in Nancy MacLean's Democracy in Chains (Spreadsheet)
tags: Democracy in Chains,Nancy MacLean,James Buchanan,Errors
For your reference purposes, here is a spreadsheet of documented factual errors, misrepresentations of evidence, and outright fabrications in Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains."
As of right now the list stands at over 60 and is growing. Since she's back in the news with a new wave of book awards and scurrilous attacks on her critics, I figured it was time to make it sharable.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Statue Unsettles Italian City: Is It Celebrating a Poet or a Nationalist?
- A Charter School Gets Canceled for Wanting to Teach Indigenous History
- The 1969 Documentary That Tried to Humanize Queen Elizabeth II and The Royal Family
- The 96-Year-History of the Equal Rights Amendment
- The Amazon Rainforest under Threat
- An interview with historian James Oakes on the New York Times’ 1619 Project
- Historian Jeffrey Engel Takes Listener Questions On Impeachment Inquiry on NPR's All Things Considered
- 5 Historians on What Was Truly Unprecedented in This Week’s Impeachment Hearings
- Teaching impeaching: History comes to life in school as teachers seize on this historic moment. Here’s what some are doing — and how.
- Smithsonian Elevates the Frequently Ignored Histories of Women