Errors in Nancy MacLean's Democracy in Chains (Spreadsheet)
tags: Democracy in Chains,Nancy MacLean,James Buchanan,Errors
For your reference purposes, here is a spreadsheet of documented factual errors, misrepresentations of evidence, and outright fabrications in Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains."
As of right now the list stands at over 60 and is growing. Since she's back in the news with a new wave of book awards and scurrilous attacks on her critics, I figured it was time to make it sharable.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Lives Matter Movement Prods Bethlehem and Other Districts to Review How History is Taught
- During the Civil War, the Enslaved Were Given an Especially Odious Job. The Pay Went to Their Owners.
- Riots Long Ago, Luxury Living Today
- Native Americans and Polynesians Met Around 1200 A.D.
- Campaign Urges NASA to Rename the John C. Stennis Space Center
- Historical Association Schools Teachers on White House History
- MIT Professor Tunney Lee, an Architect, Urban Planner, and Historian of Chinatown, Dies at 88
- Historian Adrian Miller on Denver’s Underrepresented Legacy of Black Culinary Excellence
- ‘If I tell people about what happened, I honor my ancestors.’ How the Pandemic is Helping a Slavery Historian Develop a K-12 Lesson Plan on African-American History
- In Memoriam: Historian and Politician Ivo Banac