Democracy in Chains
Historian Nancy MacLean: We’re under attack “by a right-wing machine”
In an interview she discusses her book “Democracy in Chains” and the evil genius of the Koch brothers’ donor network.
SOURCE: New Republic
Rules for Radicals
by Alan Wolfe
A right-wing economist’s plan to rig democracy for the rich.
NYT’s review of Nancy MacLean’s book, “Democracy in Chains,” ignores the debate about her use of evidence
by Heather Boushey
The review was written by an economist.
Review of Nancy MacLean’s “Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right’s Stealth Plan for America”
by Ron Briley
The story of MacLean’s discovery of the alliance between an obscure economist and the Koch Brothers.
SOURCE: Moyers & Company
Nancy MacLean says before her research she had never heard of the conservative who is front & center in her new book on democracy
She focused on him after discovering information that was “shocking.”
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
Nancy MacLean’s new book "Democracy in Chains" is under attack from the right
She alleges her critics are tied to the Koch network.
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of