When Trump Hatchet-Man Roy Cohn Sued Martin Luther King for Libel
tags: civil rights,McCarthyism,Martin Luther King Jr.,Roy Cohn
Believe it or not, Roy Cohn, the slimy lawyer who unintentionally helped make “McCarthyism” American for “smear,” once sued Martin Luther King Jr. … for libel.
King died with the suit unresolved. Just three weeks after his assassination, Gilligan v. King furthered the liberalization of our libel standards Donald Trump is now attacking.
Of course, according to mainstream media-mirroring America, a bout pitting America’s smearmeister general, “Citizen Cohn,” against America’s civil rights martyr Dr. King, is as morally lopsided as Donald Trump running against, say, Oprah Winfrey, for president. Yet fair judges took Cohn’s complaint seriously...
comments powered by Disqus
- My Sister Was Disappeared 43 Years Ago
- How Alvin the Beagle Helped Usher in a Democratic Senate
- Political Scientist Angie Maxwell on Countering the 'Long Southern Strategy'
- Rewinding Jimi Hendrix’s National Anthem
- The Senate Has Used the Filibuster to Block Civil Rights Bills for Decades. That’s Another Reason for Dems to Ditch It
- We’ve Had a White Supremacist Coup Before. History Buried It
- Historian Discusses The Politics That Shape U.S. History In Schools
- Keri Leigh Merritt on White Myths, Lost Causes & True History
- When White Extremism Seeps Into The Mainstream
- A TV Documentary Shows the Deep Roots of Right-Wing Conspiracy