The Case of the Disappearing Libraries Feat. Judd LegumBreaking News
tags: Florida, Ron DeSantis, Book Bans
In Manatee County, teachers have their marching orders. Educators and administrators are clearing books from not just school libraries but class libraries. We talked with Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) from Popular Information about his reporting on the pressure teachers are feeling from our censorious government and education department, and the reaction they have gotten for raising red flags.
You can read more of Judd’s reporting and subscribe to Popular Information at popular.info.
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel