Revisiting Portland a Year after the RiotingHistorians in the News
tags: far right, riots, Portland, antifa, Proud Boys, Civil Disorders
One year later, what's changed in Portland?
"I just see that we're doing a dance, but things aren't really changing," activist Mic Crenshaw says.
"Now it's COVID relaxation and everybody acts like 'let's go back to normal,' " activist Demetria Hester says, "No! Nobody wants to go back to normal."
"Without that pressure, how do you get politicians to act with the urgency that the community has demanded?" history professor Elliot Young says.
comments powered by Disqus
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?