'The Historical Record Is Affirmed': Armenian Reaction To Biden Recognition Of Armenian GenocideHistorians in the News
tags: Turkey, human rights, Armenian genocide, Ottoman Empire, Joe Biden
President Biden is the first sitting U.S. president in decades to formally call the mass slaughter of Armenians at the hands of Ottoman Turks more than a century ago a "genocide."
We get perspective from Ara Sanjian, an associate professor of history at the University of Michigan-Dearborn and the director of the university's Armenian Research Center.
This segment aired on April 26, 2021.
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel