Poll: Majority of Democrats think Obama was better president than WashingtonBreaking News
tags: George Washington, presidential rankings, Obama, presidential history
A majority of Democratic voters said former President Obama was a better leader than founding father and first president of the U.S. George Washington in a new poll.
The poll, conducted by Monmouth University, found that 63 percent of Democratic survey respondents believed that Obama was a better president than Washington. Twenty-nine percent of those polled believed that Washington beat out the 44th president.
Among all registered voters surveyed, 58 percent say Washington was a better president compared to 33 percent for Obama. Compared to Trump, Washington received 71 percent support while the president received 15 percent.
Forty-four percent of Republican voters polled said Washington was a better president than Trump, while 37 percent said Trump is better than Washington.
comments powered by Disqus
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire