Teacher Suspended as NH School Investigates Video of Students Singing KKK JingleBreaking News
tags: racism, New Hampshire, KKK
Chloe Harris (pictured) says she recorded video of the Dover High School incident because she wasn’t sure anyone would believe what happened in class.
A teacher in Dover, New Hampshire has been suspended after a video began circulating online showing students singing a song set to "Jingle Bells" with lyrics including, "KKK, KKK, let's kill all the blacks."
The assignment, in an 11th grade U.S. history class, was to change the lyrics to a Christmas jingle to tell a story about Reconstruction, the period after the Civil War.
Two of the students in the class chose the KKK as their topic and altered the lyrics to "Jingle Bells," using phrases like grand wizards and burning crosses.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘If You Want to Experience Liberation, Black Women Must Be at the Table’
- A Century After a Race Massacre, Tulsa Finally Digs for Suspected Mass Graves
- Historians Will Likely Rank Trump as One of the Worst Presidents
- Black Lives Matter Movement Prods Bethlehem and Other Districts to Review How History is Taught
- During the Civil War, the Enslaved Were Given an Especially Odious Job. The Pay Went to Their Owners.
- Is Evangelical Support for Trump a Contradiction?
- Survival Of The Kindest: Can Our Better Nature Help Us Build A Better World?
- As Monuments Tumble, Are We ‘Erasing’ History? Historians Say No
- Historical Association Schools Teachers on White House History
- MIT Professor Tunney Lee, an Architect, Urban Planner, and Historian of Chinatown, Dies at 88