Teacher Suspended as NH School Investigates Video of Students Singing KKK JingleBreaking News
tags: racism, New Hampshire, KKK
Chloe Harris (pictured) says she recorded video of the Dover High School incident because she wasn’t sure anyone would believe what happened in class.
A teacher in Dover, New Hampshire has been suspended after a video began circulating online showing students singing a song set to "Jingle Bells" with lyrics including, "KKK, KKK, let's kill all the blacks."
The assignment, in an 11th grade U.S. history class, was to change the lyrics to a Christmas jingle to tell a story about Reconstruction, the period after the Civil War.
Two of the students in the class chose the KKK as their topic and altered the lyrics to "Jingle Bells," using phrases like grand wizards and burning crosses.
comments powered by Disqus
- USA Today Publishes New Articles As Part Of Series, "1619: Searching for Answers"
- Washington doesn't have a Latino history museum. These people are hoping to change that
- A history of key United Auto Workers strikes against GM
- Fact-checking Andrew Yang on history of universal basic income
- Hobby Lobby Will Return Biblical Antiquities Allegedly Stolen by Oxford Professor
- Historians Allison Horrocks and Mary Mahoney bring history to life in podcast
- Modern art historian, US museum director and clergyman EA Carmean, Jr has died, age 74
- Historian Andrew David Teaching Impeachment during an Impeachment Inquiry
- Historian Brad Simpson Says He's Never Read a Letter As Unhinged As Trump's To Erdogan
- Academic Twitter's Gender Imbalance