In reversal, Texas board votes to restore Hillary Clinton to history curriculumBreaking News
tags: education, Hillary Clinton, Texas
The Texas State Board of Education in a reversal on Tuesday voted to keep Hillary Clinton, Hellen Keller and several other figures in the state's history curriculum.
Board member Erika Beltran (D) said backlash sparked by an initial vote in September to eliminate Clinton and Keller from the state's required teachings in September influenced her decision.
"I got a ton of calls and emails about the removal of Hillary Clinton," she said, according to The Dallas Morning News. "She was the first female presidential nominee from a major U.S. political party. So regardless of our party affiliations, I think she is an important figure to keep."
comments powered by Disqus
- Why Pete Buttigieg may be reviving progressive ideals of the Social Gospel Movement
- Medal of Honor review sought for minority World War I heroes
- Russia isn’t the first country to protest Western control over global telecommunications
- Redactions: The Declassified File
- Abraham Lincoln, Joe Biden and the politics of touch