Scraping the bottom of the barrelBreaking News
tags: conspiracy theories, JFK, FBI, CIA, National Archives, Lee Harvey Oswald, JFK assassination
Related Link The JFK Files: HNN's Full Coverage
The last twenty-four hours have been hell for just about everyone trying to make heads or tails out of the lastest document dump on the JFK assassination.
The only real news is that this isn’t the end of it, thanks to the last minute decision to postpone the final release of all documents another six months – at least.
Rex Bradford of the Mary Ferrell Foundation reports that “tens of thousands of documents, possibly as many as 30,000, remain sealed at the National Archives.”
To some, this is the “good stuff.” To others, the good stuff was destroyed long ago.
comments powered by Disqus
- A Photo of Billy the Kid Bought for $10 at a Flea Market May Be Worth Millions
- Twitter Is Full of Fake History Photos
- The new Museum of the Bible confronts the challenge of presenting slavery and the Confederacy
- Al Franken Could Face an Ethics Committee Investigation
- New Ulysses Grant presidential library at home in the South
- Gar Alperovitz is still pushing to make America more democratic
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran