Nazi Doctor Mengele Now Himself Object of Medical StudyBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Auschwitz, Nazi, Josef Mengele
The remains of Dr. Josef Mengele, the Nazi leader who was known as the “Angel of Death” for his torturous experiments on prisoners, are now being used to teach medical students at a Brazilian university.
Mengele died in Brazil decades after fleeing Auschwitz. For 30 years his cranium and his bones had been left untouched in a blue plastic bag on a shelf at Sao Paulo’s Institute for Forensic Medicine.
Then last spring, Dr. Daniel Romero Munoz, head of the Department of Legal Medicine at the University of Sao Paulo’s Medical School, got permission to use the remains in his forensic medical courses.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea