Fake news: Popular post claims Obama led U.N. to make U.S. pay African-Americans reparationsBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Fake News
A fake news story circulating online falsely says President Barack Obama has used the United Nations to somehow force the United States to pay African-Americans reparations for slavery.
The headline from the website Freedom Daily is wrong in every way and should be disregarded. "Obama-Led U.N. Has Just Made It Official, U.S. To Immediately Pay Blacks ‘Reparations’," it read on Dec. 9, 2016.
Freedom Daily, which bills itself as "a forum for discussing meaningful conservative American and world news," quotes a story from a similar website called the Conservative Daily Post.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Make it right’: Descendants of slaves demand restitution from Georgetown
- See How Trump's Approval Rating Stacks Up Against Other Presidents After One Year
- Bayeux Tapestry to be displayed in Britain
- From prudish Victorians to arrows in the eye – 10 things from history everyone gets wrong
- State lawmaker files bill to remove Virginia's Robert E. Lee statue from U.S. Capitol
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield
- Stephen F. Cohen continues to berate Democrats for “demonizing Russia”
- Historian Taner Akçam’s new book includes "smoking gun" of Armenian Genocide
- Historian Antony Beevor “Astonished" At Ukraine Ban On His Best-Selling Book, “Stalingrad”
- Robert Caro says he’s reached 1966 in his next book on LBJ