VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to NazisBreaking News
tags: Nazi, VW
German carmaker Volkswagen will part ways with its corporate historian, the company announced Saturday, amid media reports that the split is because the researcher thought a recent report downplayed wartime ties to the Nazis.
Manfred Grieger agreed to the split, a VW spokesman said Saturday. He will be replaced as head of historical communication by archivist Ulrike Gutzman.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem