Originally published 12/18/2017
Volkswagen says a study has revealed that security guards at its operation in Brazil cooperated with the country's 1964-1985 military dictatorship.
Originally published 11/04/2016
The company said in a statement Thursday that Christopher Kopper, a history professor at Bielefeld University in Germany, has been commissioned to “clarify” what role it played.
Originally published 10/24/2016
The historian was critical of a report about the activities of Auto Union during Germany‘s Nazi era. Auto Union is the company that became Audi, now a key subsidiary of Volkswagen Group.
- Polish prime minister seeks dialogue with Israel on 'difficult history'
- Writer Makes the Case for Impeaching Clarence Thomas
- Finding a Lock of George Washington’s Hair, and a Link to American History
- How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?
- Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too.
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89