Saudi coalition bombs a historic site in Yemen and destroys itBreaking News
tags: Yemen, Ancient Artifacts
Destruction of Baraqish in Yemen. This just received from the President of the American Institute of Yemeni Studies (AIYS) -- from an email list by Lamya Khalidi, it is she that I am quoting below:
"I can confirm that at the site of Baraqish, the Saudi coalition bombarded the temple of Nakrah which had been completely restored by the Italians and of which nothing remains, the temple of Athtar, the city wall of the site and the Italian mission's dig house. For those who don't read Arabic the photos should suffice."
Image from Wikipedia of the town of Baraqish before destruction
comments powered by Disqus
- Biden Defends Bull Connor Analogy for Opponents of Voting Rights Bill
- Museum of Natural History in New York Removes Theodore Roosevelt Statue
- Another Hendrix Legacy Lawsuit: Family Seeks to Block Royalty Claim by Heirs of Bandmates
- A Texas-Born Princess and Former Scandalous Washington Wife May Lose Roman Villa in Epic Inheritance Fight
- Will SCOTUS Uphold Claim of Heirs for Return of Pissarro Painting Stolen by Nazis?