Originally published 09/15/2015
Baraqish in Yemen had been restored by the Italians. Now it's in ruin.
Originally published 09/10/2015
The roster of antiquities damaged in the war in Yemen runs long.
Originally published 04/03/2015
In 1962 Egypt invaded Yemen and Saudi Arabia intervened. Is history repeating itself?
Originally published 03/30/2015
The Middle East witnessed something radically new two days ago, when the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia responded to a plea by Yemen's president and led a 10-country coalition to intervene in the air and on the ground in the country.
Originally published 10/09/2014
The threat to world trade in the Suez Canal has been ignored by the mainstream media in the US.
Originally published 02/12/2013
Satellite image (from Bing) of what could be the two-year-old U.S. drone base in Saudi Arabia.Originally posted on TomDispatch.com
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity