House Committee Action to Eliminate NHPRCHistorians in the News
SAA learned this morning from the National Coalition for History that the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which oversees NARA, will take up a bill tomorrow morning to address the recent data breach at the Office of Personnel Management. Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz, who introduced the bill, proposes to offset the costs associated with implementing it by eliminating the National Historical Publications and Records Commission. With markup certain today, we thought it important to notify you of this situation with an understanding that it will be very important to take action – both as individuals and collectively – when this bill comes before the House. We will notify you as soon as we’re aware of that timing. SAA is communicating with the Council of State Archivists and the National Association of Government Archives and Records Administrators regarding this situation and further action.
comments powered by Disqus
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Digital map helps historians get granular with holocaust research
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment