Originally published 07/26/2017
They include funding for the NEH & NHPRC, with only limited cuts.
Originally published 07/22/2015
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which oversees NARA, will take up a bill to address the recent data breach at the Office of Personnel Management.
Originally published 06/12/2013
National Historic Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) awarded the George C. Marshall Foundation continuing support of $33,000 in the 2013-2014 year for editing and preparing for publication volume 7, the final volume of The Papers of George Catlett Marshall. Volume 7 is expected to be published in 2015. NHPRC has been a significant contributor to the project since 1977. Editor of The Marshall Papers is Mark A. Stoler, Ph.D., a distinguished military and diplomatic historian who wrote the acclaimed biography of Marshall, George C. Marshall: Soldier-Statesman of the American Century. Managing editor is Daniel D. Holt, who recently retired as director of the Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum and is an expert in the era to be covered in the remaining papers. Mame Warren, previously director for Hopkins History Enterprises at the Sheridan Libraries at Johns Hopkins University, is assistant editor
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea