British tourists arrested in China for watching documentary about Genghis KhanBreaking News
tags: China, Genghis Khan, British tourists
Three more British tourists are to be deported back to the UK by China after they were arrested during a historical sightseeing tour for watching a documentary.
They are among the last of a group of friends including nine Britons, 10 South Africans and an Indian to be freed from jail and returned to their home countries.
State media claimed the visitors had been watching “banned terrorist videos” but they insisted the film in question was a documentary about Genghis Khan.
comments powered by Disqus
- How Decades of Housing Discrimination Hurts Fresno in the Pandemic
- A New Film Details the FBI’s Relentless Pursuit of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Belfast's Troubles Echo in Today's Washington
- The ‘Whitewashing’ of Black Wall Street
- Trump’s 1776 Commission Critiques Liberalism in Report Derided by Historians
- As Trump’s Presidency Recedes into History, Scholars Seek to Understand His Reign — And What it Says about American Democracy
- The Words of Martin Luther King Jr. Reverberate in a Tumultuous Time
- These Textbooks In Thousands Of K-12 Schools Echo Trump’s Talking Points
- How Heather Cox Richardson Built a Sisterhood of Concerned Americans
- Will Trump’s Mishandling of Records Leave a Hole in History?