Chaz Ebert Developing Emmett Till MovieBreaking News
tags: Emmett Till, Movie
The book was co-written by Till’s mother, the late Mamie Till-Mobley, and journalist Christopher Benson.
Till was 14 and visiting relatives in the Mississippi Delta when he was lynched after reportedly whistling at a white woman in 1955. Till’s murder galvanized the Civil Rights Movement.
comments powered by Disqus
- Odds of a Contested November Election Are on the Rise
- Penguin Classics and Others Work to Diversify Offerings From the Canon
- Coping With Coronavirus Disappointments: Five Lessons From Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Case Against Waging ‘War’ on the Coronavirus
- Helen Hunt Brings Trailblazing War Journalist to Life in "World On Fire"
- And The Winners of the 2020 Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards Are ...
- AHA's Committee on LGBT History Announces Hardship Grants
- What Both the Left and the Right Get Wrong About the Coronavirus Economic Crisis
- As COVID-19 Spreads, Mary Barra Needs To Denounce Trump As Bad For Capitalism
- Pandemics and the Shape of Human History