Originally published 09/11/2015
The gangster movie is not only as American as apple pie; it is better than apple pie. You finish an apple pie; the mob movie never disappears.
Originally published 05/19/2015
Shatterglass Films and Chaz Ebert are developing an Emmett Till movie based on the book “Death of Innocence: The Story of the Hate Crime That Changed America.”
Originally published 08/07/2014
Professor Paul Cartledge from the University of Cambridge reviews action movie Hercules.
Originally published 07/21/2014
Excitement building around epic motion picture that will depict events around the rebellion to end British Imperial Rule in 1916
Originally published 03/30/2014
“The Unknown Known,” which opens on Friday, is structured much like “The Fog of War.” For 96 minutes Mr. Rumsfeld looks into the camera, answering, or finessing, questions about Iraq, his work for several presidents, the nature of truth and more.
- Researchers Find More Women Buried At Stonehenge Than Men
- We asked 6 political scientists if Bernie Sanders would have a shot in a general election
- The price of oil has plummeted and with it Russia’s finances
- Legal scholars at Harvard debate Cruz’s eligibility to serve as president
- Princeton U. historian Imani Perry claims mistreatment in parking ticket arrest
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history