Top 3 Needs For Happy Life — Fascinating Changes Since 1938Breaking News
Eighty years ago the top three things people thought were most important for happiness were security, knowledge and religion.
By 2014 only security was still in the top three, and the other two spots had changed to good humour and leisure.
Meanwhile religion had dropped to tenth, and last place.
The results come from two surveys carried out almost 80 years apart.
For both surveys people in Bolton, England replied to an advert asking them to answer the question “What is happiness?”
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Lock me up’: The last man to be arrested for defying Congress during an investigation
- Faith made Harriet Tubman fearless as she rescued slaves
- A Turkish dam is about to flood one of the oldest continuously settled places on Earth
- Soldiers got Medals of Honor for massacring Native Americans. This bill would take them away.
- UNC Will Give Silent Sam to a Confederate Group — Along With a $2.5-Million Trust
- The Ten Best History Books of 2019
- ‘Well Worth Saving’
- Anne Boleyn Has Had a Bad Reputation for Nearly 500 Years. Hayley Nolan Wants to Change That
- James Grossman Writes Article on Career Diversity: "Revising Revisited: Words Matter When It Comes to Career Diversity"
- Review: A Gospel for the Poor: Global Social Christianity and the Latin American Evangelical Left