SOURCE: Boston Review
Just Wear Your Smile: The Gender Politics of Positive Psychology
by Micki McElya
Positive Psychology, a supposed science of producing happiness, is part of a multibillion-dollar publishing market. Unfortunately, it's helped enshrine patriarchal values into the popular practice of psychology.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
How Civilization Broke Our Brains
The anthropologist James Suzman's book evaluates the ravages of modern capitalist civilization – in particular, the institution of work – on individual and collective psychology.
The World’s Major Military and Economic Powers Find Happiness Elusive
by Lawrence Wittner
Perhaps it’s time for the citizens of the “great powers” to ask themselves if they are truly benefiting from the much-vaunted military and economic strength of their nations.
Top 3 Needs For Happy Life — Fascinating Changes Since 1938
How beliefs about what makes us happy have changed in the last 80 years.
- Will a "No Labels" Campaign Wreck the 2024 Election? We Can't Ask Group's Secret Donors.
- Excerpts from a Civics Textbook I Assume Would be Welcome in Florida
- Confusion Over Book Bans in Florida is a Feature, Not a Bug, of New Policies
- We're Living in the World (un)Made by the Iraq War
- Florida Professor: I was Fired for Teaching about Racism
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History
- Why are Universities so Disrespectful of their Organized Workers?
- Aside from Bush and Cheney, Who's Most Responsible for Iraq?
- Leaked Emails Show Christian Nationalist Anti-Trans "Holy War"