Discredited David Barton hailed as America's foremost Christian historianHistorians in the News
tags: David Barton, Christian nation
He also says “a national news organization has described him as ‘America’s historian.’” I would like to know what news organization did that. I have never found the original source.
I don’t buy it. Someone who had earned the title America’s historian or the most recognized Christian historian would not say the following:
- The Constitution quotes the Bible verbatim
- Congress printed the first English language Bible
- Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 27 had seminary degrees
- Virginia law always forbid slave owners to free slaves
- Unitarian doctrine once included a Trinitarian concept of God
- Violent crime has increased 694% since 1963
- William Penn founded the Quakers
- The Jefferson Bible includes all the recorded words of Jesus
- Thomas Jefferson founded the Virginia Bible Society
- Moravian missionaries were in Massachusetts before 1840
- The NRA was started to arm freed blacks against the KKK
- There isn’t a vaccine for HIV because God promised to punish gays with HIV
- America’s historian probably wouldn’t tell people Simon & Schuster plans to publish a book when the publisher has no plans to do so. Such an historian would not make up a mythical college basketball career playing Division One NCAA college ball for a record-setting team.
comments powered by Disqus
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire