Lost City Discovered in HondurasBreaking News
tags: archaeology, Honduras
A recent expedition deep into the rainforest of Honduras has made a remarkable discovery, a mysterious lost city belonging to an unknown culture.
Christopher Fisher, an archaeologist from Colorado State University, led the expedition which had hoped to find the legendary La Ciudad Blanca, or White City, a settlement said to have contained incredible wealth. It has been claimed that the White City is simply a mythical construct; nevertheless, many have tried to find it.
Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés stated he had received ‘trustworthy’ information on a region of extreme wealth in Honduras, one with many towns and villages, but he never located such settlements. In the 1920s and 1930s, many explorers and adventurers attempted to find the White City and its immense riches.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea