AHA 2015: Historical Perspectives on Ferguson (Video)News at Home
tags: racism, Ferguson, AHA2015
This video, broadcast on CSPAN, features a panel at the 2015 annual convention of the American Historical Association: "Understanding Ferguson: Race, Power, Protest, and the Past." Panelists include: Marcia Chatelain (Georgetown University), William Jelani Cobb (University of Connecticut), Colin H. Gordon (University of Iowa), Khalil Muhammad (Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture), and Heather Ann Thompson (Temple University).
comments powered by Disqus
- How Low-Income Students Fare at Elite Colleges
- The accused New Zealand shooter and an all-white Europe that never existed
- Her image had been buried near a Civil War battlefield for 100 years. Then I found her.
- A half-century before the hashtag, artists were on the front lines of #MeToo
- Trump Seeks to Ax Humanities Endowment
- Medgar Evers' home established as a national monument in Jackson
- MIT Historian Kate Brown Alleges United Nations Scientific Cover-Up Of Death And Disease Toll From Chernobyl
- Atlanta’s Civil War Monument, Minus the Pro-Confederate Bunkum
- In the age of distraction, one small publisher keeps local history alive in sepia tones
- Historians Weigh In: Are we returning to an age of political extremes?