AHA 2015: Historical Perspectives on Ferguson (Video)News at Home
tags: racism, Ferguson, AHA2015
This video, broadcast on CSPAN, features a panel at the 2015 annual convention of the American Historical Association: "Understanding Ferguson: Race, Power, Protest, and the Past." Panelists include: Marcia Chatelain (Georgetown University), William Jelani Cobb (University of Connecticut), Colin H. Gordon (University of Iowa), Khalil Muhammad (Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture), and Heather Ann Thompson (Temple University).
comments powered by Disqus
- 15 States Have Postponed Their Primaries Because of Coronavirus. Here’s a List.
- The Hot & Bothered Podcast: Beyond the New Deal
- Generations of Rosewood Descendants Keep a Once-Forgotten History Alive
- From Afar, Congress Moves to Oversee Trump Coronavirus Response
- A 200-Foot Section of the Berlin Wall Has Been Torn Down to Make Way for Condos, Leaving Historians Appalled
- After Reparations
- Will Coronavirus Change How We Think About Climate Change?
- David C. Driskell, Tireless Advocate for Black Art History, Is Dead at 88
- NCMC Mourns the Loss of Longtime Professor Who Died Due to COVID-19
- The US Government Has a Long History of Using Crises to Justify Indefinite Mass Detention