CBS video retells the Emmett Till story in under 2 minutes as tree in DC is planted in his memoryBreaking News
tags: Emmett Till
The Capitol building sits on a 59-acre park that includes hundreds of trees.
The newest, a sycamore , was planted just today, in memory of a black teenager whose murder, nearly 60 years ago, helped spark the civil rights movement.
"It was the end of my innocence as a child," said journalist and playwright Janet Langhart Cohen. The year 1955 changed her life.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea