CBS video retells the Emmett Till story in under 2 minutes as tree in DC is planted in his memoryBreaking News
tags: Emmett Till
The Capitol building sits on a 59-acre park that includes hundreds of trees.
The newest, a sycamore , was planted just today, in memory of a black teenager whose murder, nearly 60 years ago, helped spark the civil rights movement.
"It was the end of my innocence as a child," said journalist and playwright Janet Langhart Cohen. The year 1955 changed her life.
comments powered by Disqus
- The War (Not The Flu) That Saved The World Series
- ‘Unworthy Republic’ Takes an Unflinching Look at Indian Removal in the 1830s
- The Unlikely Story Behind Japanese Americans' Campaign For Reparations
- The U.S. Government Has Mobilized Private Companies to Face Crises Before. Here’s What to Know
- A Side Effect of Remote Teaching During Covid-19? Videos That Can Be Weaponized