Large Crowd Protests NYC Terrorism OperaBreaking News
tags: opera, The Death of Klinghoffer
You know an opera is controversial when the protesters outside start comparing the opera house to a Nazi death camp.
That at least was the sentiment expressed by hundreds of protesters gathered across the street from Lincoln Center Monday night to express the opposition to a performance of The Death of Klinghoffer by the Metropolitan Opera on Manhattan’s west side.
“This might not be Auschwitz. It is Lincoln Center,” said Ben Brafman, a high profile defense attorney, citing his grandparents who were murdered in the Holocaust.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian