Large Crowd Protests NYC Terrorism OperaBreaking News
tags: opera, The Death of Klinghoffer
You know an opera is controversial when the protesters outside start comparing the opera house to a Nazi death camp.
That at least was the sentiment expressed by hundreds of protesters gathered across the street from Lincoln Center Monday night to express the opposition to a performance of The Death of Klinghoffer by the Metropolitan Opera on Manhattan’s west side.
“This might not be Auschwitz. It is Lincoln Center,” said Ben Brafman, a high profile defense attorney, citing his grandparents who were murdered in the Holocaust.
comments powered by Disqus
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield