Tenn. politician: "Democrats bragging about the number of mandatory sign ups for Obamacare is like Germans bragging about the number of manditory sign ups for `train rides' for Jews in the 40s"Breaking News
tags: World War II, Holocaust, Obamacare
Tennessee state senator who compared the federal health care law to the forced transportation of Jews to concentration camps during the Holocaust appeared to make light of the firestorm about his comments this week in a blog post on Tuesday.
"I like ice cream, mom, apple pie and puppies," Republican Sen. Stacey Campfield of Knoxville said. "This message has been approved by my campaign staff."
Campfield, who wrote the Holocaust comment Monday in a post titled "Thought of the Day," said his intention was to "warn," and not offend.
"Democrats bragging about the number of mandatory sign ups for Obamacare is like Germans bragging about the number of manditory sign ups for `train rides' for Jews in the 40s," he wrote. The misspelling of "mandatory" appears in the original text.
comments powered by Disqus
- You Can’t Be the ‘President of Law and Order’ if You Thrive on Chaos
- Law Professor Criticized After Reading Racial Slur In Class
- Chicago 1968: Blood Outside the Arena (Reprinted from 8/28/1968)
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- If Trump Is Caligula, There Could Be Some Unexpected Benefits
- Q&A: Historian Andrew Kahrl On The Segregation History Of Lincoln Beach And Plans To Reopen It
- Rutger Bregman on His Intellectual Journey and the Problems of the Speaking Circuit
- National Protests over George Floyd's Death was 'Conflagration Waiting to Happen'
- George Floyd’s Death and the Long History of Racism in Minneapolis