Secret WW1 spy files have been made available onlinetags: MI5, WW1, Mata Hari
Interrogation reports and photographs are among secret MI5 files about World War One spies being made available online for the first time.
Among the spies detailed are Swallows and Amazons author Arthur Ransome and Dutch spy Mata Hari, who was executed for spying for the Germans
More than 150 files are being made available in the digitised release.
It is part of a series by the National Archives to mark the centenary of World War One.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel