Rutgers historian Rudy Bell leads protest against Condoleezza Rice speaking at commencementtags: Rutgers University, Bush administration, Condoleezza Rice
...Dr. [Rudy] Bell is a professor of history at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ who helped organize a petition and faculty protest against the school’s decision to offer their commencement keynote address to former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
“Rice we feel is a particularly inappropriate choice because the controversy about the degree to which she actively is involved in interrogation techniques which were declared by international courts to amount to torture. She brings no positive merit,” Bell said, explaining why he’s against Rice speaking.
He went on to state that the faculty is not against bringing Secretary Rice to Rutgers but against offering her the commencement address....
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic