Rutgers historian Rudy Bell leads protest against Condoleezza Rice speaking at commencementtags: Rutgers University, Bush administration, Condoleezza Rice
...Dr. [Rudy] Bell is a professor of history at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ who helped organize a petition and faculty protest against the school’s decision to offer their commencement keynote address to former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
“Rice we feel is a particularly inappropriate choice because the controversy about the degree to which she actively is involved in interrogation techniques which were declared by international courts to amount to torture. She brings no positive merit,” Bell said, explaining why he’s against Rice speaking.
He went on to state that the faculty is not against bringing Secretary Rice to Rutgers but against offering her the commencement address....
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead