The Unmaking of a President: Rethinking Watergate at Forty [VIDEO]Historians/History
tags: American Historical Association, videos
It has been forty years since the Watergate scandal and Richard Nixon's resignation from the presidency (the exact anniversary of his resignation is August 9.) To mark the event, the 2014 Annual Meeting of the American Historical Association hosted a panel dedicated to scandal.
The speakers are David Greenberg (Rutgers), Beverly Gage (Yale), Ken Hughes (UVa), Mark Nevin (Ohio University) and Katherine Scott (U.S. Senate Historical Office).
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea