The Unmaking of a President: Rethinking Watergate at Forty [VIDEO]Historians/History
tags: American Historical Association, videos
It has been forty years since the Watergate scandal and Richard Nixon's resignation from the presidency (the exact anniversary of his resignation is August 9.) To mark the event, the 2014 Annual Meeting of the American Historical Association hosted a panel dedicated to scandal.
The speakers are David Greenberg (Rutgers), Beverly Gage (Yale), Ken Hughes (UVa), Mark Nevin (Ohio University) and Katherine Scott (U.S. Senate Historical Office).
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible