Alan Kraut: A Brief History of Ellis Island [VIDEO]tags: American Historical Association, videos
Alan Kraut is not just the current president of the Organization of American Historians and editor of the recent book Ethnic Historians and the Mainstream. He's also a distinguished scholar of the history of immigration.
In this interview, Kraut reflects on what historians can teach to policymakers... and how Ellis Island was as much a medical center as an immigration facility.
comments powered by Disqus
- Climate of Change: The Catholic Church's Dance With Science
- Sacrificed Humans Discovered Among Prehistoric Tombs
- Nazis Triumph Over Communists in Ukraine
- Obits for Happy Rockefeller blamed her for his political decline. Don’t believe it.
- Historian investigates claim that Bugsy Siegel wanted to kill Goring
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize