Alan Kraut: A Brief History of Ellis Island [VIDEO]Historians in the News
tags: American Historical Association, videos
Alan Kraut is not just the current president of the Organization of American Historians and editor of the recent book Ethnic Historians and the Mainstream. He's also a distinguished scholar of the history of immigration.
In this interview, Kraut reflects on what historians can teach to policymakers... and how Ellis Island was as much a medical center as an immigration facility.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum