Alan Kraut: A Brief History of Ellis Island [VIDEO]tags: American Historical Association, videos
Alan Kraut is not just the current president of the Organization of American Historians and editor of the recent book Ethnic Historians and the Mainstream. He's also a distinguished scholar of the history of immigration.
In this interview, Kraut reflects on what historians can teach to policymakers... and how Ellis Island was as much a medical center as an immigration facility.
comments powered by Disqus
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)