Alan Kraut: A Brief History of Ellis Island [VIDEO]tags: American Historical Association, videos
Alan Kraut is not just the current president of the Organization of American Historians and editor of the recent book Ethnic Historians and the Mainstream. He's also a distinguished scholar of the history of immigration.
In this interview, Kraut reflects on what historians can teach to policymakers... and how Ellis Island was as much a medical center as an immigration facility.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout