Samuel Moyn: The History of "Human Rights" [VIDEO]Historians in the News
tags: American Historical Association, videos
Samuel Moyn is a professor of intellectual history at Columbia University and a specialist in the history of human rights. Here, he explains how the concept of human rights developed in the eighteenth century in a very different way than our idea of human rights in the twentieth and twenty-first.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian