Samuel Moyn: The History of "Human Rights" [VIDEO]tags: American Historical Association, videos
Samuel Moyn is a professor of intellectual history at Columbia University and a specialist in the history of human rights. Here, he explains how the concept of human rights developed in the eighteenth century in a very different way than our idea of human rights in the twentieth and twenty-first.
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate